Monday 22 March 2010

Making It All Fit

It seems that things have slowed down on this project lately, I seem to have been without seat-stays for a long time. I think it's just the amount of fiddly work involved before fitting the seat-stays (getting the seat-stay top-eyes done, the rear end aligned, chain-stays crimped for chainring and disc rotor clearance, seat-stays bent for tyre clearance). Here's what the frame looks like with the rear wheel in place fitted with a 26x1.5" slick tyre (the seat-stay is just sitting in place for now). The tiny frame makes the wheel look pretty big. 

As for stay clearance, there's a little bit of room to allow for a buckled wheel at the chain-stay (left), but the seat-stays will need a little tweaking (right). 

I'm pretty happy with the top-eye though. This photo reminds me that I really should soak off the flux so this joint doesn't look so hideous. 


You may have spotted it above, but, I crimped the chain-stay for a disc rotor...  That's right, it's getting disc brakes! I managed to squeeze in a tiny 140mm disc with just a little bit of chain-stay crimping. 




No comments:

Post a Comment